More and more people are choosing to donate a vehicle to charities rather than sell it. People choose to do this for a variety of reasons. Some do so because they want to something to help the less fortunate in their community. Others do so to get tax breaks. Either way, there’s no doubt that this option is a very good one.
Selling a car, truck, or more expensive vehicle is what most owners choose to do, but an increasing number of people are starting to see the benefits of vehicle donation programs. When it comes down to the two options, though, which one is truly the better idea?
Here are just a few reasons why many people consider donating a vehicle is better than selling it.
• There are a variety of Goodwill programs and services out there, so owners of unwanted vehicles have a choice of what type of cause they want to support.
• Many of the programs are localized; therefore donators can help bring about change to their own town or city.
• Donating a vehicle is easier, quicker, and a lot more hassle-free than trying to sell it.
• Donating is free, whereas trying to sell can cost advertising money.
• The IRS gives out tax breaks to individuals who donate money or vehicles to charities.
• Donating vehicles is a great way to help make the world a better place. Those who wouldn’t ordinarily be able to afford cash donations can still bring aid to those less fortunate than themselves by giving unwanted cars, trucks, or motorcycles to charitable organizations.
Clearly, donating vehicles has many advantages over selling them. It’s not very surprising at all why many people are choosing the more charitable option over the alternatives.